Lower Right Back Pain Overview
Muscle pain is sometimes the reason for lower right back pain. In most of the cases, it is not a medical emergency having pain in the lower right back side still, you should not delay medical treatment if you have intense or severe pain with fever, vomiting, and nausea.
As your lower back carries a sufficient amount of weight, both sides of your back are likely to get influenced. It is possible for the conditions like infections or reddened swelling affecting other areas of the body and causes lower right back pain.
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) states that in the United States, 80 percent of adults will face lower right back pain in some point of life. All the conditions that affect your muscles, tissues, bones, nerves, and organs can add up to the pain in your lower right back pain.
Symptoms of Lower Right Back Pain
The cause of lower right back pain can be determined how it feels. When you start to feel severe, groin pain that radiates to the right side of your back which is long-lasting, and even worse, then you must need to see the doctor right away without delay. You may feel, this pain is affecting your daily life somehow.
Other symptoms included:
- Pain while urinating
- Cloudy, dark, bloody or foul-smell urination
- Fever, chills
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Irregular Periods
- Stools having blood and pus
- Swelling of the scrotum
Causes of Lower Right Back Pain
Some mechanical problems in bones, muscles, tissues, spine, ligaments and internal organs may lead to severe lower right back pain.
The first culprit of your lower right back pain is your job. If your job or your daily routine includes lifting or pulling heavy things or anything that twist the spine may cause you back pain.
The second culprit is your bag. As your lower back supports your upper body so when you hang your bag to your shoulder it put strain to your back and cause pain in it.
The third culprit is your workout. You may have overdone the gym today or swimming that causes the extra stretch to your muscles that lead to back pain. Another culprit is your sitting posture throughout the day.
These are the very simple and common reasons why a mild lower right back pain starts. Let’s discuss some real issues that cause trouble.
1. Spinal Tissues
Minor injuries to the spinal tissues that can happen in muscles, discs or joints and become the reason for the back pain. Most of these injuries occur due to mild issues like,
- Your sitting posture causes tightness in muscles
- Lifting and pulling heavy things that twisted the spine
- Overstretching and over weight lifting during gym may cause tearing ligaments
- Issues with the spinal structure like herniated disc etc.
Which causes worse kind of pain that leads you to see the doctor as soon as possible.
2. Kidney Problem
As your kidney lies towards your lower back on both sides of your spine hence cause pain if infected. As the right side of the kidney hangs a little lower than the left side that is why it is more likely to cause back pain if it is infected.
2.1 Kidney Stone
These stones are a hard and solid small rock-like structure made up of minerals and salt that form inside your kidney. When these stones get stuck in the ureter, you may feel sharp intense cramping like pain along your backside.
It solely depends on your condition that you need pain relief medicine to help relax the ureter so that stones pass more easily without pain or to take surgery to remove these stones.
2.2 Kidney Infection
Kidneys are to clean waste from your blood and make urine out of it. The most common reason for infection in the kidneys is due to bacteria called E Coli. Which is very harmful to your urinary system.
Symptoms of kidney infection are
- Burning Urination
- Cloudy, Dark, foul-smell urine
- Frequent urge to urine
You may also feel
You need to see the doctor immediately before these bacteria permanently damage your kidneys. Your doctor will prescribe antibiotics to fight against these germs.
Your appendix is a small tube that attaches to your large intestine which is located on the lower right side of your abdomen. Appendicitis is the condition in which this tube( Appendix) will become inflamed and infected, start leaking or raptures.
You may feel gradually increasing pain near your lower right abdomen with possible symptoms of fever nausea and vomiting and lower right back pain.
4. Endometriosis(Cases in Women)
In women, your reproductive organs located in the pelvis may lead to lower back pain. Endometriosis is one of the common conditions in which uterine tissues grow outside of your womb mostly on the ovaries, fallopian tubes, vagina, and cervix. If these tissues grow on the right ovary and fallopian tube it can damage it and may cause pain in the right side of your back or pelvis.
Other symptoms of Endometriosis are
- Worse painful cramping during menstruation
- Bleeding or spotting between periods
- Pain while urination and bowel movement
- Pain during intercourse
Treatment of Lower Right Back Pain
Treatment of lower back pain depends upon its causes. For instance, mechanical injuries usually heal without any treatment but this process can take time but you can speed up the recovery by doing physical therapy or other treatment included:
- Yoga: Various postures of yoga to relax your pain
- Bed rest debate: Bed rest for one day may help you heal your pain but bed rest for more than three days may worsen your pain.
- Home care: Use a heating pad or take a warm bath
- Surgery: Surgery and removal of Herniated Lumbar Disc
- Physical therapy: Manual manipulation can help in relaxing muscles
- Massage therapy: a general massage can loosen tighten muscles
- Spinal manipulation: Doctors apply pressure on your spine to treat your pain. This treatment is not good for everyone.
- Strengthening your back
- Medication: using while having mild back pain
- Injections: If therapy does not work then doctors recommend injections
Treatments for other cases like infections will generally be better when discussed particularly. Large and effective surgeries are to be taken when prescribed by doctors.
- How to relieve back pain ourselves in an easy way?
- Why women get lower back pain when pregnant?
- The causes of lower left back pain.
- Exercises for lower back pain relief.
- Know more benefits of massage, it can help back pain.
- How can we massage anywhere anytime? – DIY
- Moxibustion – It can help back pain.